pdaPosition3DDefine a location.
A position is a 6-axis value in 3D, but as chip design needs only x & y and less angles only the x is required. The x, y and z are in micron, while the angles angle, pitch and roll are in degrees.
- The x & y locations are for 2D / chip design.
- The z coordinate is mostly oriented at Assembly Design Kits (ADK) but if different layer stacks are used on chip (regrowth, etching) it provides for vertical in-chip coupling.
- The angle is the rotation in x/y plane and often used in all-angle photonics chip design.
- The pitch is the angle off-chip and for chip design mostly for vertical fiber/chip coupling.
- The roll is oriented at Assembly Design Kits (ADK) and not needed in chip design kits (PDK).
StructureThis element does not have attributes. The elements are shown below, in a sorted per type fashion.
In case a list is printed after an element, it indicates that you can have many, otherwise it should be a single element. With a optional it tells the element is not required.
<angle> ... </angle> optional
<pitch> ... </pitch> optional
<roll> ... </roll> optional
<x> ... </x>
<y> ... </y> optional
<z> ... </z> optional
XSD The schema file can be downloaded or viewed at xPDK_Base.